6 Simple Ways To Keep Your Teeth Where They Belong – In Your Mouth!
The Bellevue Dentists and all of the staff at Brookside Dental are dedicated to keeping your teeth healthy. Remember dental checkups when you were younger and the only thing that mattered was finding out “Do I have any cavities?” As we get older, life gets more complicated. We stop thinking about cavities and start thinking about everything else. Even though your Dentist in Bellevue has many things to think about relative to the health of your mouth, your Bellevue Dentist has cavity prevention as a vital and a major issue to maintain your healthy mouth, which translates into a healthier body overall. A cavity isn’t just a cosmetic issue. Bacteria in your mouth produce acids that literally eat away at the tooth, causing tooth decay. If left untreated, it can lead to infection and tooth loss. You already know brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily, and keeping up with regular dental checkups is standard cavity prevention. In addition to brushing, flossing and seeing the Best data-sheets-userformat=”[null,null,514,null,[null,2,16777215],null,null,null,null,null,null,null,0]”>Dentist in Bellevue at least twice a year, here are six simple things you can do to help lower your risk for tooth decay.
• Rinse between meals: Even if you can’t brush, rinse your mouth with water after eating.
• Use a straw: Carbonated drinks weaken enamel (the hard, protective outer layer of your tooth). Using a straw helps keep the drink away from your teeth.
• Avoid sticky foods: That candy bar might taste delicious, but the gooey goodness sticks to your teeth longer, increasing your risk for tooth decay.
• Avoid acidic foods: Acids in foods and drinks weaken tooth enamel for up to an hour after you eat them.
• Chew sugar-free gum: Chewing gum (especially if it contains xylitol) increases saliva, which helps prevent tooth decay.
• Drink more water: Water promotes saliva production and helps remove food particles.
These tips are universal among Dentists in Bellevue, but if you have specific concerns, Dr. Pauley and Dr. Cave, Top Dentists at Brookside Dental can provide personal tips and information to help you avoid tooth decay and cavities. If it’s time for a checkup, call us at (425) 643-2818 to schedule your appointment in our Bellevue Dental office.