Bellevue Dentists Create Extreme Makeover Smiles with Dental Implants
Dental Implant candidates need healthy gums and sufficient jawbone structure to support either single or multiple implants. Many people suffer tooth loss each year primarily due to tooth decay, gum disease, or injury.
Dental prosthesis restoration options available for these people are bridges, partials, full dentures or dental implants. Of these options, dental implants will most closely match your natural teeth in both form and function. The dental implants actually act as a replacement for your teeth roots. The prosthetic restorations (crowns, bridges or dentures) are then mounted on these implants. The implants generally will allow you to live and enjoy life as if you had your own natural teeth.
Dental Implants are made of Titanium, which is a metal that is usually readily accepted by the body without being rejected or causing any serious problems. Your Bellevue Cosmetic Dentists and Seattle Cosmetic Dentists at Brookside Dental are skilled at using dental implants to replace missing teeth to give you a beautiful natural appearing smile. In some situations, dental implants can be used to create a beautiful Extreme Makeover Smile.
The following is the process by which dental implants are placed into your jaw.
- Extensive Dental Examination is performed to insure that the patient is a good implant surgery candidate, and it includes:
- Measuring Jaw Bone height and width;
- Gum Examination for general health and periodontal disease;
- Dental X-rays and Panoramic X-rays provide views of normal oral anatomy as well as any potential problems.
- Graft Surgery may need to be performed if gum tissue is not adequate for the implant, if the gum tissue is diseased, or if there is not enough jawbone structure available to support dental implants.
- Dental Implant Placement is performed by surgically placing the implant into a precisely sized hole made in the jawbone that will allow the implant to be placed and permanently anchored after healing.
- Abutment Placement is done either at the same time the implant is placed in the jawbone or subsequent to placement and healing of the implant has occurred. The implant abutment protrudes above the gum line.
- Dental Implant Healing can take up to six months for the bone in your jaw to grow around the implant and adequately anchor it in place properly.
- Prosthesis Placement is the final part of the dental implant procedure. The healed and anchored implant with its abutment holds a crown that is specially made to fit onto the implant abutment. Implants also may be designed to hold either a partial or full denture. A series of implants with individual crowns will take the place of a standard dental bridge or partial.
Your Bellevue Cosmetic Dentists and Seattle Cosmetic Dentists at Brookside Dental most often work with the placement of dental implants that replace a single tooth that has been lost or as a substitute for a bridge where two, three, or four teeth are missing. With dental implant cases at Brookside Dental, the Bellevue Cosmetic Dentists and Seattle Cosmetic Dentists work very closely with dental specialists. Both an oral surgeon www.crinzi.com and a periodontist www.cranderegg.com or www.pnwperio.com are involved in the process to insure that your implants and the associated restorative prosthesis are the best and have the most natural fit, function, and appearance available for you.
Good general and oral-health are major prerequisites for optimum Dental Implant placement. The jaw should have adequate bone levels to support the implant once it is anchored in place and gum tissues should be free of gingivitis and periodontal disease. Smoking may impede tissue healing around the implant.
If you would like a free consultation with one of your Bellevue Cosmetic Dentists or Seattle Cosmetic Dentists to discuss dental implants please call us at Brookside Dental 425-643-2818 or email Brookside Dental at firstname.lastname@example.org